Drizzle source tarball based on build 1802 has been released.
This is our Drizzle7 beta release. Please test away!
In this release:
- kernel options uses boost program_options, replaced my_getopt
- csv, archive, and blackhole tables are not enabled by default, need –plugin-add <name> to use them
- significant work on the transaction log – testing + bug fixes. This provides the infrastructure for replication.
- drizzledump can now be used to migrate MySQL->Drizzle directly (no intermediate dump files)
- session/memory uses boost specific
- thread system based on boost
- improvements in configuration file processing
- merge of latest from PBXT 1.0.11-7 + new PBXT tests and bug fixes
- introduction of session performance table (not built by default)
- initial work on catalog support
- introduction of Sphinx-based documentation within the source tree
- stress testing of the data_dictionary tables (high concurrency scenarios) via the randgen
- timestamps are now 64 bit and ISO compliant
- 4 byte enum – able to handle very large enum operations
- dates are now 4 bytes – allows us to support a full range of values
- IO cleanup
- 40 bug fixes
The Drizzle download file can be found here